125 North Wayne Street
Office located on Main Level
To view the
POWERS and DUTIES of the clerk-treasurer according to Indiana Code 36-5-6-6:
(1) Receive and care for all town money and pay the money out only on order of the town legislative body.
(2) Keep accounts showing when and from what sources the clerk-treasurer has received town money and when and to whom the clerk-treasurer has paid out town money.
(3) Prescribe payroll and account forms for all town offices.
(4) Prescribe the manner in which creditors, officers, and employees shall be paid.
(5) Manage the finances and accounts of the town and make investments of town money.
(6) Prepare for the legislative body the budget estimates of miscellaneous revenue, financial statements, and the proposed tax rate.
(7) Maintain custody fo the town seal and records of the legislative body
(8) issue all licenses authorized by statute and collect the fees fixed by ordinance.
(9) Serve as clerk of the legislative body by attending its meetings and recording its proceedings.
(10) Administer oaths, take depositions, and take acknowledgements of instruments that are required by statute to be acknowledged, without charging a fee.